What's the policy?
Google AdWords doesn't allow websites whose primary purpose is to collect personal information.
Free Gifts: The type of websites that are not allowed includes but is not limited to websites offering free gifts or other incentives in exchange for personal information. We refer to this practice as "information harvesting." Examples of free gifts or incentives include prizes, offers, videos, eBooks, and quiz/survey results.
SSL requirement: Websites that are not harvesting information from users, but that collect sensitive personal information (such as bank details and credit card numbers) must use a secure processing server (https://) when collecting this information. AdWords policy requires the following information to be transmitted securely over an SSL (https:) connection:
- Credit and debit card numbers
- Bank and investment account numbers
- Checking account numbers
- Wire transfer numbers
- National identity, pension, social security, tax ID, health care, or driver's license number
Advertisers remain responsible for ensuring that they are compliant with local laws and regulations on the subject of privacy and data protection. Google may suspend any account or campaign found to be in violation of our policy or the law.
We've created this policy to protect our users' online safety.
Video length: 1:21
What can I do if my site gets suspended?Step 1: Review the guidelines above and see where your website might be causing issues. Please note that your entire website needs to comply, not just the landing page from your ad.
- Make sure the primary purpose of your website isn't to collect personal information from users.
- If you're collecting sensitive personal information (like bank details and credit card numbers), make sure that you have a secure processing server (https://). Alternatively, do not request personal information. Allow users to access your site's content without collecting their data.
Step 2: After making any necessary changes to your site, request a re-review of your site by completing this contact form:
Request a re-review
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to a form where you can write to us about your issue.
Contact AdWords Support