Use Shopping remarketing lists
You can use Shopping remarketing lists to show Shopping ads to people who previously visited your website as they search for your products on Google. This article explains the steps to add remarketing lists to your Shopping campaigns.
Before you begin
If you're not familiar with remarketing, read About remarketing lists for Search ads which are similar to Shopping remarketing lists. Keep in mind that the rules that apply to Remarketing lists for Search ads also apply to remarketing lists for Shopping.
Using Shopping remarketing lists gives you the ability to segment your site visitors by previous site engagement. You can customize your Shopping bids for groups of users based on previous site engagements, such as “shopping cart-abandoners”, “loyal customers”, or “repeat visitors.“ If you're using Smart Bidding like Target ROAS, adding remarketing lists will help achieve even higher performance for individual audiences.
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more
- Create a new "Shopping" campaign, or select an existing Shopping campaign and ad group.
- Click the Audiences tab, next to the Keywords tab.
- If you don't see the Audiences tab, you'll need to enable it by clicking the drop-down menu at the end of the tab bar, and selecting Audiences.
- Click + Targeting.
- Under "Add to" select Campaign or Ad group depending on which level you want to apply the audiences.
- Click the Add campaign targeting or Add ad group targeting drop-down menu and select Interests & remarketing.
- Click the drop-down menu and select Remarketing lists. You'll find the "All visitors" list and any other rule-based lists you've created for your different groups of site visitors. Add the remarketing list to your ad group.
- (Optional) Create additional remarketing lists.
- Add the remarketing tag across your entire site.