Create a website for your ads
- When you advertise with Google AdWords, you'll link your online ads to your website.
- If you don't already have a website, you can create one for free using Google Sites.
- If you don't want to create a website, you can create a local page with Google My Business and advertise with AdWords Express.
In order to advertise with Google AdWords, you need to have your own website. Your online ads will link to this site, and you can use it as an opportunity to let customers know more about your business.
Link your AdWords ads to your website
When you create a site using Google Sites, the system generates a URL like this: http://sites.google.com/site/example. Then, when you create your first ads, you can use this URL as the address of your landing page.
Create a website with Google Sites
Google Sites is a free online application that makes creating a website as easy as editing a document. The customized site you create can be the landing page for your AdWords ads.
- Visit www.google.com/sites.
- Sign in with your Google Account. If you don't have one, click Create an account and follow the steps to create a Google Account.
- Click the Create button to get started.
- Choose a template.
- Name your website. As you enter a name, a URL will be generated in the box below. (Note: When you create an AdWords account, you'll need to enter this URL in step #2.)
- Choose a theme.
- Click Create.
- After you customize your new website, use its URL address as the destination URL when you're creating a new text ad. Learn about creating a text ad.
When making a website for your business, consider what information is most useful to your customers. This often includes store hours, location, and product information. It's also helpful to use words that customers might use to describe your business.
For more help with editing your site, see the Google Sites Help Center.
Create and verify a local business on Google
If you have a local business, create a page on Google My Business so you can appear on Google Search, Google Earth, and other Google sites. Find out more about how to get started with Google My Business.
AdWords Express allows you to advertise a local business on Google and Google Maps (including mobile devices). To get started, check the list of countries where AdWords Express is currently available. With AdWords Express, you’ll set up a monthly budget for your ad, and we'll determine what search phrases can trigger your ad based on the categories that you select. You'll only pay for the clicks that your ad actually receives.
Learn more about advertising with AdWords Express.
- Once your site is up and running, we recommend watching this short, online course to get step-by-step instructions on how to set up an AdWords account.