About the Google Search Network
The Google Search Network is a group of search-related websites and apps where your ads can appear. When you advertise on the Google Search Network, your ad can show near search results when someone searches with terms related to one of your keywords. In this article, you'll learn about:
- Where Search Network ads can appear
- How to include or remove search partners
- The types of ads on the Search Network
Where Search Network ads can appear
Your ads can appear with Google search results and on other search sites when your keywords are relevant to a user's search.
- Google search sites:
Ads can appear above or below search results on Google Search. They can appear beside, above, or below search results on Google Play, Google Shopping, and Google Maps, including the Maps app.
- Google search partners: Ads might appear with search results on websites of Google search partners. For text ads, search partners include hundreds of non-Google websites, as well as Google Video and other Google sites. Product Shopping ads can appear on search partner sites that display and link to products for sale. The clickthrough rate (CTR) for ads on search partner sites doesn't impact your Quality Score on google.com.
Types of ads on the Search Network
- Text ads, Dynamic Search Ads, and call-only ads: The most common kinds of ads on the Search Network. These ads appear with an "Ad" or "Ads" label on the search results page, and might have an "Ads by Google" label on partner sites. They often show with ad extensions, which allow advertisers to include business details like location or phone number in their ads.
- Shopping ads: Shopping ads display and link to products for sale. They're labeled as “Sponsored.”
- Image and video ads: Search partners can host image ads and video ads.
You have a business that offers face-painting services at parties for kids. If you add the keyword "children face painting" to your ad group, and then choose to include search partners, then your ads are eligible to appear on those partners' search results page when someone types "face painting."
How to include or remove search partners
When you create a campaign for the Search Network, search partners are included by default. Follow these steps to include or remove search partners from an existing Search campaign.
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more.
- Sign into your AdWords account.
- Click the Campaigns tab, then click the Search Network campaign you want to add search partners to.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to "Networks" and click Edit.
- Check the box next to "Include search partners" to enable ads from this campaign to appear on search partner websites, or uncheck it to disable this campaign’s ads from showing on search partner websites.
- Click Save.