If you no longer want to use AdSense, you can close your AdSense account. Closing your AdSense account will automatically stop all AdSense ads serving on your site within 24 hours.
You might want to export your reporting data. You won’t have access to performance reports from your account when your account is closed.
- To permanently close your AdSense account, you must be an account Administrator.
- If you also have an Ad Manager account, you must close your Ad Manager account.
- If you have additional accounts (Ad Manager, AdMob, or YouTube) and any of your accounts have met the address verification threshold, then you must verify your personal information in those accounts.
After you close your AdSense account, you'll receive a final payment within approximately 90 days of the end of the month, provided that:
- Your AdSense account balance is greater than the cancellation threshold. Google will not make payments for any earned balance that does not reach this threshold.
- Your address is verified.
- Your account has no payment holds.
- You don’t have an open AdMob account. Otherwise your earnings will be transferred to your AdMob account balance.
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Account Settings Account information.
- On the "Account information" page, click Close account.
Note: If you don't see the option to close your account, you may not be an account Administrator.
Review the information on the "Closing your account" page.
- Select the checkbox for each account you want to close.
Note: If the account checkbox is inactive, it means you can't close your account. This could be because your address needs verifying, your payments are on hold, or the account has a conflicting product (e.g., an Ad Manager account that prevents AdSense account closure). After you've verified your address, removed the hold, or closed your Ad Manager account, you can complete the steps to close your account. For more information, see:
- Click Close account.
- Your AdSense ad code will stop working, so make sure you've removed the ad code from all of your pages.
- If you've closed all accounts associated with your AdSense account (Ad Manager, AdMob, and AdSense for YouTube) and you want to use AdSense again, you can reactivate your AdSense account. Alternatively, you can sign up for a new AdSense account.
- If you have other open accounts (Ad Manager, AdMob, or AdSense for YouTube) you might still be able to access some features in your AdSense account.
- If you've associated a search engine with this AdSense account, the search will continue to work, but the ads will no longer be associated with this account. To earn revenue again, you'll need to create a new AdSense association.