About the Ad formats report
The Ad formats report lets you understand your monetization performance based on how you've configured the ads on your site. You can use this report to see how the different types of ads on your site (e.g., Native In-feed ads versus standard display ads) are performing.
For example, the Ad formats report can help you understand:
- How newer types of ads you're using (e.g., native ads) are performing compared to your existing ads
- The performance of automatic ads (e.g., anchors ads and vignettes) versus your standard ad units
- How different kinds of ads are performing against each other (e.g., Matched content units with ads versus Matched content units without ads).
This report breaks out performance in two areas:
- Requested formats: The kind of ad format that your site requested to be displayed, e.g., Display, Link unit, Matched content, etc.
- Placement methods: How the ad was placed on your page. For example, was the ad placed in an ad unit that you manually positioned on the page or did AdSense automatically place it on the page for you.
Viewing the Ad formats report
To view the Ad formats report:
- Visit your Reports page, then under "All reports", click Ad formats.
Note that you can't view ad format data from dates prior to the deployment of the Ad formats report.