The following ad settings are available for use in experiments:
- Ad units: All ad type and text ad style settings are available for experiments.
- Allow & block ads: The following ad blocking settings are available for experiments:
- General ad categories (including first level sub-categories)
- Sensitive ad categories
- Ad serving opt-outs (e.g., enhanced text ads, expandable ads, etc.)
It depends on the type of experiment you want to run. For instance, you may only run one property-level experiment (e.g., "Allow & block ads") at a time, but you may run both property-level experiments and ad unit settings experiments simultaneously.
There are two ways to run experiments. You can either:
To choose the winner of your experiment, you should:
- Review the performance of your original versus the variation you created for the experiment.
- Choose your winner based on which version has the highest revenue (RPM).
Yes. You can end an experiment at any time by clicking Stop experiment on the experiment’s page in My ads. We’ll revert your settings back to the way they were before you started the experiment.
If you see a recommendation in your Home page and you don’t want to run an experiment, you can choose to either click:
- Make this change to implement our recommended settings
- No thanks to dismiss the recommendation.