After you've created a mediation group, you’ll need to add third-party ad sources to fill the ad requests it will receive.
Complete the steps below to add a bidding ad source to a mediation group.
- Sign in to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
- Click Mediation in the sidebar.
- Click the name of the mediation group to which you're adding the ad source.
- Click Add ad source in the bidding ad sources table.
- Find the ad source in the list that appears or begin typing the name of the ad source in the search box. Click Select next to the ad source you want to add.
- Review and check the Accept terms checkbox to accept the terms of using bidding and authorize AdMob and Google to access your account. If you've previously authorized this ad source, you won't be asked again.
- Click Continue.
- Map your ad units by entering the mapping details for each ad unit. In most cases, these details will be available in your account with the ad source.
- Click Done.
- Click Save. The mediation group will be saved.
Using the AdMob Network as a bidding ad source
To use bidding, the AdMob Network must be one of your bidding ad sources. When you create a new mediation group, the AdMob Network is automatically added as a bidding ad source.
When you add a third-party bidding ad source to an existing mediation group, the AdMob Network is automatically converted from a waterfall ad source to a bidding ad source.
Converting the AdMob Network to a waterfall ad source
To convert the AdMob Network to a waterfall ad source, click and select Move to waterfall ad sources.
To convert the AdMob Network back to a bidding ad source, click and select Move to bidding ad sources. You can also click on the eCPM column and click the Real-time eCPM (bidding) toggle.