Prepare your app for the season’s next big events. Follow this checklist to make sure your app and your account are ready to go.
Step 1: Know your users
Regions around the world celebrate different holidays in unique ways and times. Get to know your users to determine which festivities or events matter the most for your app. Data analytics tools can help you discover more about your traffic origin. Leverage this information to maximise your app potential and revenue:
- AdMob Reports: AdMob offers the option to create saved reports and add dimensions such as “Country” to see the breakdown of your earnings and other important metrics.
- Use Google Analytics for Firebase: A free, unlimited mobile analytics solution, integrated with AdMob. Firebase offers an Audience report in your Dashboard with insights on the location of your users. Firebase can also be used to test ad placements, price floors and many other features and settings within your app and AdMob account.
Step 2: Repackage your app with holiday or event-themed icons
Add a touch of festivity to connect with your users.
Get inspired by the festivities that are relevant to your audience and think about launching new holiday-themed:
- Backgrounds and designs: Users might appreciate a Diwali-themed app background or snowflakes falling on the screen while the app loads.
- App features: Including themed features such as new Christmas recipes in your cooking app, or new bonuses, coins, tools or themed-weapons for your gaming apps can help drive app engagement.
- Game levels or characters: If you develop games, you can delight users with a new exclusive level or character related to the festivity.
Apps: Launching new apps can also be the answer to rising user needs around the holidays.
Attract new users with festive icons.
When searching for new apps, the first thing users see is your icon. If they aren’t sold at the first point of contact, they’re less likely to download it. Package your app for the festivities:
- Design holiday-specific app icons (i.e. Christmas look)
- Test different app icons using app store listing experiments to identify the best one (Google Play)
Step 3: Optimise your AdMob account
Avoid missing revenue opportunities. Log into your Google AdMob account often to review your setup:
- Follow the optimisation tips for AdMob to get the most out of your account
- Sign up to receive targeted optimisation tips
- Use Google AdMob Reports and Firebase for more insights on your app and your users
- Use Firebase Remote Config Experiments with A/B Testing to test different ad placements, formats and sizes before the season
Step 4: Grow your app with Universal App Campaign
Google Ads Universal App campaigns help you find more users for your app. More users mean more chances to earn with AdMob.
Universal App campaigns (UAC) use machine learning to drive more installs. Simply set your goal – "installs" or "in-app actions" – during the Google Ads account set up, and UAC will optimise itself as it collects more data.
Step 5: Update your app routinely
It’s recommended to have 1 to 4 app updates per month to make sure that everything is running smoothly.
If you’re planning to make changes to your app, publish these changes ahead of the season to give users time to download your updated app.
Some app stores take time to approve submissions of new apps and app updates, especially during popular holiday periods such as Christmas. Make sure to submit your app in time.