Overview of native ads express
Native ads match both the form and function of the user experience in which they’re placed. They also match the visual design of the app they live within. Native ads augment the user experience by providing value through relevant ads that flow within the context of surrounding app content.
How does native ads express work?
Native ads created using AdMob's built-in design interface are referred to as native ads express. When you create a native ad unit for native ads express, you define the native ad style using the templates, CSS editor, and ad types provided in AdMob.
Ad sizes, templates, and ad types
Several ad sizes, templates, and ad types are provided to get you started on your native ad design. When you design your native ad style in AdMob, you'll select the ad size and template that most closely resembles the ad you want to design. This will be the base for your native ad, which you can then customize and design to match your app's user experience.
Available ad sizes
You can select from small, medium, and large ad sizes. You should select an ad size that most closely matches the native express ad unit you're trying to create.
Each ad size contains several predefined templates to get you started. The templates shown below are just a few examples.
Small template (example)
Large template (example)
Medium template (example)
Available ad types
Select the types of ads you want to allow to appear in your native express ad unit.
All ad types are selected by default to maximize ad unit monetization. Limiting the allowed ad types can also limit the revenue generated by an ad unit.
App install ads
- Intended to promote and drive mobile app installs
- Users install the promoted app by clicking on the ad, which directs them to the relevant app store
- Allow for a more generic combination of text and images that covers a broader scope
- Users visit the promoted website directly from within the ad by tapping a button
Video app install ads
- Intended to promote and drive mobile app installs using promotional videos
- Users watch a video directly within the ad, then install the promoted app by clicking on the ad, which directs them to the relevant app store
- Only large templates can be used to show video app install ads