We have completed the process of moving user messages from Funding Choices to the new Privacy & messaging page in AdMob. Now that your account has been updated, all of your existing EU consent/GDPR messages have been moved to these pages for you automatically. Messages with no recent traffic have been moved and unpublished.
In this article, you will find more information about moving from Funding Choices to Privacy & messaging, including:
- Overview of Privacy & messaging
- Existing messages in Funding Choices
- Vendors and ad technology providers for GDPR
- App names
- Privacy URLs
Our new integrated Privacy & messaging tool integrates Funding Choices’ functionality into the AdMob user interface to help you manage privacy choices and monetize your content. Create and manage the messages you use to obtain consent from your users. Draft new messages, display them to users, and measure user engagement to understand how users are interacting with the consent messages you've created.
To access your Privacy & messaging page, sign in to your AdMob account and click Privacy & messaging in the sidebar. On the Privacy & messaging page, you can manage the settings and existing messages related to GDPR and CCPA, as well as other message types.
Your previously created messages have been moved to your AdMob account. To find your messages:
- EU consent/GDPR messages: Click Privacy & messaging GDPR
- CCPA messages: Click Privacy & messaging CCPA
You can no longer create messages in Funding Choices or use other pages in AdMob to manage your GDPR and CCPA settings.
Previously selected vendors (Funding Choices) and ad technology providers (AdMob) have been merged into a single list of ad partners in Privacy & messaging. To find the combined list of ad partners after your account has been updated, sign in to your AdMob account and click Privacy & messaging GDPR Settings Select ad partners.
The combined ad partners list will be used to request consent from users in your previously published messages as well as any new messages you create. If you don't ask returning users to consent again, only new users will be asked to consent using this combined list. The new ad partners will not be included in the consent strings of returning users. You can use the GDPR settings in Privacy & messaging to adjust the combined list of ad partners and ask returning users to consent again, if desired.
- Logos used in app messages are based on the associated app icon within the app.
- The logo will not appear in the message builder. The UMP SDK will automatically detect the localized app icon in the app at serving time and insert it into the message.
- App names used in app messages are based on the localized app name. The UMP SDK will automatically detect the localized app name at message serving and insert it into the message.
- The privacy URL associated with your previously existing individual messages has automatically been associated with the app listed on the Privacy & messaging page instead.
- The privacy URL assigned to an app will be used for any GDPR messages associated with that app.