- Sign in to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
- Click Privacy & messaging.
- Click GDPR.
- Click Create message. The "Edit message" page opens.
- Select the apps in which this message will be displayed:
- Click Select apps.
- Select the desired apps.
- Click Confirm.
- Select the languages in which this message will be displayed:
- Default language: The message is shown in the default language when the user’s device language cannot be determined, or when the user’s device language doesn't adequately match the selected “Additional languages.”
- Additional languages: The message can be shown to users in any of the “Additional languages” that match the user’s device language. Languages you select here should match the languages in which your app is available. You can edit the message text for each of the "Additional languages."
ExampleIf you select “Dutch” in the “Additional languages” field, a user whose device language is set to Dutch will be shown Dutch version of the GDPR message.
- In the “User choices” section, make a decision for the Do not consent option. If turned on, this message presents your users with a choice to not consent to your ad partners and your ad partners’ purposes.
- (optional) Turn on the Close (do not consent) option to add a close icon to your message. Users can click the close icon to dismiss the message and decline consent to your ad partners and their purposes.
- In the “Targeting” section, select one of the following options:
- Countries subject to GDPR (EEA and UK): Display the GDPR message to app visitors in the EEA and UK.
- Everywhere: Display the GDPR message to all app visitors.
- In the "Message name" field, enter a descriptive message name that will help you identify the message later. The name is shown only in the Privacy & messaging page and won't be visible to users.
- (Optional) Edit and format the message to match your app's editorial and visual standards.
If the message will be shown in more than one language, review the message in all of the selected languages before publishing.
- Click Save draft.
- When you’re ready, publish the message.
After you add your apps to AdMob, complete the following steps to create the GDPR message you want to display to the eligible EEA (European Economic Area) and UK (United Kingdom) users of your app.
Ensure you've added the Google User Messaging Platform SDK to your app to enable it to gather consent.
How can we improve it?