You can block ad experiences from appearing on your network or specified inventory. Note that enabling blocks can reduce your revenue by not allowing some ads to serve.
Tip: Ad Exchange tags can't be used with protections. Implement Google Publisher Tags instead.
Ad experience blocks apply to these transactions
- Open Auctions
- First Look
- Private auctions
Private auctions block settings are within the individual auction settings, rather than in the Ad content protections settings. Learn more
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Protections Protections.
- Click New protection Ad content.
- Enter a name for your protection.
- (Optional) From the “Inventory type” dropdown, select the medium on which you want to control the display of ads, such as Mobile app.
Target specific inventory
- To target specific inventory:
- Select Only protect specified inventory.
- Click Add targeting and select an item from the dropdown.
- On the item you added, click and make your targeting selections.
- (Optional) To close the item, click and add more targeting as needed.
Learn more about targeting in protections.
Enable blocks for ad experiences
- Under “Blocks,” next to “Ad experiences,” click Add.
- To enable a block, click the switch on .
Blocks for ad experiences include:
- Block display ads: Blocks all display ads. Allows only video ads for targeted inventory. Instream inventory will continue to show video ads.
Block non-instream video ads: Blocks all display creative types and allows only non-instream video for specified inventory.
You can’t enable "Block display ads" and "Block non-instream video ads" at the same time, as this would block all ads.
- Click Update.
- Add more protections as needed and click Save.