Revenue for all Programmatic Direct campaigns can be determined by using Ad Manager reporting.
- To view programmatic campaigns in reports, use the filter for "Programmatic order" and set it to "True". This filter includes both Programmatic Guaranteed and Preferred Deals in Ad Manager (but not Preferred Deals originating from Ad Exchange).
- Programmatic Guaranteed and Preferred Deals in Ad Manager serve through Ad Manager. As such, use metrics for Ad Manager ("Ad server impressions" for instance) and not those for Ad Exchange reports.
- You can report on Makegoods as you would for other line items. Learn more about reports and payments for Makegoods.
As of April 1, 2021, this revenue is reported net of Ad Manager fees, bringing Programmatic Guaranteed and Preferred Deals into alignment with all other transaction types.
When you report on revenue, the type of revenue data displayed depends on the dates of the report.
- Reports that span dates before and after April 1, 2021 display a mix of gross and net revenue.
- Gross revenue is reported for all dates before April 1, 2021.
- Net revenue is reported for all dates after April 1, 2021.
Net payments for Ad Manager Programmatic campaigns are set up the same way as Ad Exchange payments and follow a similar timeline as payments for Ad Exchange. Transactions such as Open Bidding, "Ad Exchange for Content", "AdSense for Content", "AdSense for Search revenue" appear on the Transactions page by the second of the month. Programmatic Guaranteed and Preferred Deals appear on the Transactions page on the eleventh of the month.
To view transactions:
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Navigate to Billing Payments Payments.
If you're accessing this feature from Ad Exchange instead of Ad Manager, click Admin Payments Payments.
- In the "Transactions" section, click View transactions.
Payments are issued toward the end of the month, on the same schedule as other Ad Exchange payments, and disbursed to the same account you set up in your payment method.
Net versus gross
The rate (floor price) in Programmatic Direct line items reflect gross revenue before potential earnings are calculated as net payments to you. Learn more
Payments for Programmatic Guaranteed are separate from those for non-guaranteed transactions. Programmatic Guaranteed payments are listed under:
- Earnings - Ad Exchange - Guaranteed Deals
Payments for Preferred Deals are separate from other earnings:
Earnings - Ad Exchange - Preferred Deals
Non-guaranteed payments are listed based on environment type. They combine all non-guaranteed transactions for a given environment type (including payments for Ad Exchange Preferred Deals). For instance, you might see:
- Earnings - Ad Exchange for Video
This line would indicate payments for all non-guaranteed transactions under the "In-stream video" inventory type.