You can create multiple ad units at one time by uploading a CSV file into Google Ad Manager. If you need to update existing ad units or create more than 1,000 ad units at one time, use the Ad Manager API.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Navigate to Inventory Ad units.
- Click Bulk upload.
- Click Download sample CSV file to download a file that you can use to define your ad units. Open the CSV file and make changes based on the examples and the descriptions in the table below. When you're done, save the CSV file using your file editor.
- Click Browse to find the CSV file you saved in step 4.
- Click Upload and validate to verify that the ad unit settings are correct. If you identify an issue with any of the ad units defined in your CSV file, click Back to re-upload a corrected CSV file.
- Click Confirm to create all of the ad units from your CSV file.
The sample CSV file contains fields and examples relevant to your network. Don't remove columns, change the column order, or change the column heading names. Doing so results in a failed upload. Rows that begin with the pound (#) character are ignored when you upload the file.
The ad unit code, used in the tags. Only letters, numbers, underscores, hyphens, periods, asterisks, forward slashes*, backslashes, exclamations, left angle brackets, colons and parentheses are allowed. Maximum length: 100 characters.
Top-level ad unit: For a top-level ad unit, use the code name.
Hierarchical ad unit: For ad units that are part of an inventory hierarchy, the full path of the ad unit is required.
* Note: the forward slash character is reserved to indicate the hierarchy relationship between ad units. This character cannot be used in an individual ad unit's code.
Ad unit name.
List of ad unit sizes, in pixels, entered in
Use a standard AdSense ad unit size to enable an ad unit for AdSense. Otherwise, any size is acceptable.
|Description||Free-form ad unit description. Maximum length: 4,000 characters.|
|Enable for AdSense||
Enable the ad unit as available to buyers via AdSense. Ad units enabled are eligible to serve ads from AdSense demand. Guaranteed campaign continue to take priority over AdSense or other non-guaranteed transaction.
List of placement names to be associated with the ad unit, separated by semicolon. If a placement name does not currently exist in your network, Ad Manager will automatically create a new placement and associate your ad unit.
The target window setting for the ad unit. Acceptable values include:
List of label IDs to be associated with the an ad unit, separated by semicolon.
If your network uses Teams, list Team IDs to be associated with the an ad unit, separated by semicolon.
|Special ad unit||If the ad unit should be marked as a special ad unit, enter