Most creative options that are available in Google Ad Manager web are also supported for mobile apps.
We support the following inventory formats:See examples of these formats
- Display creatives using HTML and the MRAID definitions
- Banners: Normally displayed in the content stream or as adhesive units.
- Interstitials: Typically used when there are natural breaks in user’s interaction with your mobile app.
- Native ads
Native ads match both the form and function of the user experience in which they’re placed.
- Content ads: provide a generic combination of text and images.
- App install ads: promote and drive mobile app installs
- Banner ads: the creative is displayed to the user.
- Interstitial ads: the creative is displayed to the user.
- Native ads: the creative is displayed to the user.
We support a variety of sizes in creatives including:
- Adaptive banners: Automatically picks the best ad slot size (the space reserved for the creatives) for the device in use.
- Smart banners: Fills screen width on any device using a fixed height. Because smart banners only fill screen width, they aren't as flexible as adaptive banners and may not perform as well.
- Standard banners: Fits only the specified banner size. Only ads that fit the specified size can be served.
- Interstitials: Full-page ads served between screens during mobile app navigation.
- Studio creatives: Created in Studio and automatically added to advertisers in your network.
- Custom creatives: Custom ad serving solutions that creative templates or other display creative types don't provide.
We support the following creative types, which can be selected when you traffic a creative:
- Image banners (for example, 320x50)
- Image animation creatives (for example, expandable banners)
- Video interstitials
- Campaign Manager 360 tags
- Native ads
- Custom creative templates
- SDK Mediation (for third-party ad serving)
There are multiple click-through destination options available for mobile app ads:
- Click-through URL
- Click-to-call (phone number)
- Click-to-app (open deep link in an app)
Self universal link (an iOS universal link used in an iOS app for in-app navigation)
When using a self universal link on a native creative, please ensure the native format has the
%%ONE_CLICK_HANDLER_TARGET%%macro in its HTML as in this example:
In addition to Google Ad Manager web creative templates, there are some mobile app-specific templates:
- Mobile Interstitial with auto-close
- Mobile image carousel
- Mobile application download