DFP Mobile In-app quick guide
DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) is a great way for publishers to start monetizing their apps. It's a rich targeting, reporting, and optimization engine. Whether you’re interested in running direct sold ads, indirect ads or house ads, DFP gives you the sophisticated controls to deliver the right ads, to the right users, at the right time. This article talks briefly about what DFP Mobile In-app has to offer.
If you’re new to DFP, please read the DFP overview.
Grow your business with a trusted partner
- Powered by Google’s ad technology
Google has helped millions of developers grow their digital businesses for over a decade. Our proven technology stack offers not only sophisticated and comprehensive state-of-the-art features for directly sold ads via DFP, but also provides tight integration with the programmatic capabilities of DoubleClick Ad Exchange for backfill and dynamic allocation.
- Cross-platform capability
DFP Mobile In-app can be used with the main platforms, Android and iOS, with support for leading game engines such as Unity and Cocos2d-x.
- One SDK for ads
If you have already integrated Google Mobile Ads (GMA) SDK in your mobile apps, you don’t need to make any changes. GMA SDK can be used for DFP, DoubleClick Ad Exchange, and AdMob ads. Also, Google Play services pushes automatic performance improvements to Android apps without additional SDK changes. However, you would need to manually update the iOS SDK frequently to take advantage of the latest capabilities.
- Create and upload audience segments
Create audience segments based on user behavior and activity by including audience pixels. Upload first party advertising IDs (Apple IDFA / Android AdID) or PPIDs to audience segments for targeting and reporting. Also, integrate third-party audience data from your audience partners. Learn more
Not available in DFP Small Business.
- Use advertising IDs to improve user targeting
If users allow, the GMA SDK passes the Android Advertising ID and Apple IDFA for interest-based targeting. You can use a macro to pass this over a secure connection to third parties. Learn more
- Limit ad impressions per user
Frequency caps help you limit how often a line item (including interstitials) is served to the same user. You can specify the number of impressions that will be delivered to a single user in a specific period of time and apply multiple rules if needed. Learn more
Maximize ad revenue
- Maximize earnings
Earn more with our ad service, which includes free SDK mediation to automatically improve your earnings, and access to millions of advertisers in real-time through Google’s demand from DoubleClick Ad Exchange via DFP.The mediation mentioned above is a legacy version of the Mediation feature. We recommend that you use the newer version of Mediation for mobile apps instead.
- Start now
The SDK can be installed quickly and easily. If you’re an existing DFP publisher, you will find that trafficking for mobile applications is not so different from trafficking for web. Get started with implementation.
Serve cutting-edge creatives that offer the best user experience and performance
- Implement innovative ad formats with ease
- Show banners and interstitials of various sizes. The GMA SDK also supports IAB standards such as MRAID creatives and handles rendering the banner and interstitials on different screen sizes. Learn more
- Use creative templates and customize them to create professional-looking creatives specific to apps without having to create them from scratch. Learn more
- Render native ads that are seamless with content
- Native ads match both the form and function of the user experience in which they’re placed. They match the visual design of the experience they live within, and look, feel, and behave like natural content on the publisher property in which they’re displayed. Learn more
Leverage DFP’s powerful targeting, ad serving, and reporting capabilities
- One platform to serve everywhere
DFP allows you to manage, deliver, and report on all of your web, mobile, and video advertising in one platform.
- Use mobile-specific targeting
In addition to the standard use of ad units and placements, use operating system and device targeting to easily target individual apps, sections of apps, or groups of apps. Also, pass extra signals such as location to enhance the selection of geo-targeted line items. Learn more
- Make informed business decisions based on reports
- Report across all screens on impressions, clickthrough rate (CTR), conversions, and more using the DFP Query Tool.
- Track app install or in-app conversions.
- Use features such as optimized creative rotation and automatic delivery optimization to deliver the most effective ads to the most responsive users. Learn more
Where do I begin?
Implementing the Google Mobile Ads SDK usually is a shared effort between mobile application developers and ad operations staff. This guide provides step-by-step instructions for each role and each platform (Android and iOS). In the following articles, you'll also find links to other resources to help with the setup process.
- Ad operations instructions: Learn how to set up mobile application ad units, orders, and line items.
- Developing ads for the Google Mobile Ads SDK: See useful code samples.
- Google mobile ads: Read documentation for different mobile products and platforms.
- Generate SDK tag code: This code helps you connect to the Google Mobile Ads SDK.