Block cookies and data uses in Ad Manager
This article is for the Google Ad Manager product only. It doesn't apply to other Google products.
You can block other buyers from showing ads based on user interest categories or remarketing. The categories you can block are:
- Data collection: Ads where a real-time bidding (RTB) call declares that data will be collected for subsequent use in targeting or remarketing. This setting applies to all non-Google buyers.
- Interest-based category cookies: Ads where an RTB call declares that the ad will target consumers based on user interest categories. This setting applies to all non-Google buyers.
- Match-coding and subsequent data: (Web only) Ad Exchange won’t provide cookie matching (match tags) in the creative to buyers that have not won the impression. This control only applies to non-Google buyers participating in the Ad Exchange auction.
- Remarketing list cookies: Ads where any RTB call declares that the ad will target consumers based on remarketing lists. This setting applies to all non-Google buyers.
Advertiser URL blocks apply only to indirect transactions, or First Look, open auctions, private auctions, and legacy private deals.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Protections Protections
- Click New protection Ad content
- Name your protection.
- From the “Inventory type” dropdown, select the medium on which you want to control the display of ads, such as Mobile app.
- Target the inventory the protection will be applied to.
- If you select Only protect specified inventory, click Add targeting and make your targeting selections.
- If you don't target any ad units, the protection applies similarly to run of network, excluding the selected advertisers and brands from your network.
- The protection also applies to child ad units. If you include an ad unit that contains special child ad units, those ad units are also included in the protection despite not being explicitly targeted.
- Under “Blocks,” click Add next to “Cookies and data uses (non-Google demand).”.
- Click the box to left of each cookie/data use whose ads you want to exclude.
- The box will be red for blocked categories.
- Click Update.
- Add more protections as needed and click Save.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?