Block cookies and data uses in Ad Manager
You can block other buyers from showing ads based on user interest categories or remarketing. The categories you can block are:
- Data collection: Ads where a real-time bidding (RTB) call declares that data will be collected for subsequent use in targeting or remarketing. This setting applies to all non-Google buyers.
- Interest-based category cookies: Ads where an RTB call declares that the ad will target consumers based on user interest categories. This setting applies to all non-Google buyers.
- Match-coding and subsequent data: (Web only) Ad Exchange won’t provide cookie matching (match tags) in the creative to buyers that have not won the impression. This control only applies to non-Google buyers participating in the Ad Exchange auction.
- Remarketing list cookies: Ads where any RTB call declares that the ad will target consumers based on remarketing lists. This setting applies to all non-Google buyers.
Cookies and data uses blocks apply to these transactions
- Open Auctions
- First Look
- Private Auctions
- Programmatic Guaranteed
- Preferred Deals
- Legacy private deals
Learn more about transaction types.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Protections Protections
- Click New protection Ad content
- Name your protection.
- From the “Inventory type” dropdown, select the medium on which you want to control the display of ads, such as Mobile app.
- The default is to apply the protection to all inventory. To target specific inventory:
- Select Only protect specified inventory, click Add targeting, select an item from the dropdown, and make your targeting selections.
- Learn more about targeting in protections.
- Under “Blocks,” click Add next to “Cookies and data uses (non-Google demand).”.
- Click the box to left of each cookie/data use whose ads you want to exclude.
- The box will be red for blocked categories.
- Click Update.
- Add more protections as needed and click Save.