This article is for the Google Ad Manager product only. It doesn't apply to other Google products.
You can block other buyers from showing ads based on user interest categories or remarketing. The categories you can block are:
- Data collection: (Discontinued) This category was retired in Q2, 2022. To control whether bidders can use bid request data to build user profiles for uses such as interest-based ads and remarketing, please use the new data collection control instead.
- Interest-based category cookies: Ads where an RTB call declares that the ad will target consumers based on user interest categories. This setting applies to all non-Google buyers.
- Match-coding and subsequent data: (Web only) Ad Exchange won’t provide cookie matching (match tags) in the creative to buyers that have not won the impression. This control only applies to non-Google buyers participating in the Ad Exchange auction.
- Remarketing list cookies: Ads where any RTB call declares that the ad will target consumers based on remarketing lists. This setting applies to all non-Google buyers.
Note: After Q2, 2022, identifiers on RTB traffic are redacted when you block both "Interest-based category cookies" and "Remarketing list cookies." Prior to that date, you had to block "Data collection," "Interest-based category cookies," and "Remarketing list cookies" for the redaction to occur.
Cookies and data uses blocks apply to these transactions
- Open Auctions
- First Look
- Private Auctions
- Programmatic Guaranteed
- Preferred Deals
- Legacy private deals
Learn more about transaction types.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Protections Protections.
- Click New protection Ad content.
- Name your protection.
- From the "Inventory type" dropdown, select the medium on which you want to control the display of ads, such as Mobile app.
- (Optional) To target all inventory, click Protect all inventory.
- (Default) To target specific inventory, click Only protect specified inventory and make your selections.
Learn more about targeting in protections.
- Under "Blocks," next to "Cookies and data uses (non-Google demand)," click Add.
- For each type of cookie and data you want to exclude, enable the Block .
- Click Update Save.