This table helps you understand the different forecasting tools and determine which one is right for your situation.
|If you want to
||What makes it different
|See whether ad impressions or clicks are available before booking inventory to a new line item.
||Check available inventory for a new line item
- Provides a forecast focused on a single, prospective line item. This can help you maximize the number of impressions for that particular line item.
- Considers all restrictions, including creative limits per page, frequency caps, labels, etc.
|Confirm a saved line item is projected to reach its goal.
||Check available inventory for an existing line item
- Provides a forecast focused on a single, existing line item. This can help you maximize the number of impressions for that particular line item.
- Applies creative-level restrictions (e.g., SSL compatibility).
|Find better ways to segment and package inventory.
- Shows a visual representation of your entire network’s impressions and opportunities for ads to serve.
- Allows you to make adjustments based on upcoming traffic changes so they’re better reflected in the forecasting numbers.
- Considers the effect of network defaults (like non-personalized ads).
- Doesn’t enforce page-level restrictions.
- Doesn't consider special ad units.
|Make sure you’re maximizing revenue across your network.
||Future sell-through report