You can transfer a copy of the photos, albums, and descriptions saved in your Google Account to back them up or use them with a different service.
Supported photo file types
File types that can be transferred include:
Unsupported photo files and video files won’t be transferred.
Step 1: Select Google Photos
Go to the transfer Photos view of Google Takeout or follow the steps below.
- Go to your Google Account Dashboard.
- Under “Your Google services,” select Photos More Transfer data.
Step 2: Choose where to transfer a copy of your photos
- Below "Delivery method," select the Down arrow .
- Select the destination to which you want to transfer a copy of your photos Link accounts and create export.
- Follow the steps to link your account and transfer your photos. You’ll need to sign in to:
- Your Google Account
Tip: If you would like location information on your photos to be transferred as well, select the checkbox labeled "View where photos and videos in your Google Photos library were taken.”
- Your account with the company to which you’re transferring photos
- Your Google Account
Once your photos are copied:
- You’ll get an email with a link to the photos in the new service.
- Your Google Account will no longer have access to the service where you transferred your photos, but it may still appear in the service’s settings. You can remove your Google Account from showing up in your Microsoft or Flickr account.
- The photos you transferred will be set to private at the destination service. You can update the visibility of your photos in the destination service.
- If you transfer your photos again, a new copy of your photos will be created and it may have duplicates from your original transfer.
Learn why some photos weren’t transferred
If all of your photos were not transferred, it may be because:
- Some photos have unsupported file types.
- The account that you transferred photos to ran out of space.
- The transfer was canceled before it was complete.
Account types that don’t support photo transfers
You can’t currently use this service with:
Photo data that isn’t transferred
Currently, metadata like the comments added to a photo and manually edited location information aren't transferred.