You can avoid unwanted interactions by blocking other users in certain Google products, like Hangouts or Photos. Blocking takes effect when these people are signed in to their Google Account.
To block another person's account, use the "Block" action in one of these products.
When you block someone in classic Hangouts (hangouts.google.com), that person's account is blocked in all products listed on this page.
Blocks don't apply to Hangouts On Air. Learn how to block users in Hangouts.
When you block someone in Google Chat (chat.google.com), that person's account is blocked in all products listed on this page.
When you block someone in Google Photos, that person's account is blocked in all products listed on this page.
Block a user profile
You can use a mobile device to block someone from being able to find your profile on Maps. Google Maps won't let them know you blocked them. When you block a user profile in Google Maps, that person's account is blocked in all products listed on this page.
Important: People you block may still be able to find your contributions on Google Maps, but they won't find them on your profile. Also, if a blocked user is not signed into the account that you blocked, they'll be able to find your contributions.
- Open the Google Maps app .
- Navigate to the user profile you want to block. You can find user profiles:
- At the top of a post or review by that user.
- On your "Following" tab, if you're following them.
- On your "Followers" tab, if they're following you.
- In the "For you" section. Tap their profile picture.
- Next to the person's name, tap More Block user.
Tip: If you're following someone and no longer want to see their content, you can unfollow them rather than block them.
Block a location request
When you block a location request in Google Maps, the person's account is blocked in all products listed on this page.
When you block someone in YouTube, that person's account is blocked in all products listed on this page.
Tip: To use @mentions or share content through a post, you must have at least 1,000 subscribers.
When you block someone in Google Pay India, that person's account is blocked in all products listed on this page.
Learn how to block someone in Google Pay India.
See blocked accounts or unblock someone
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app .
- In the top right, tap your profile picture or initial Manage your Google Account. If you don't use Gmail, go to myaccount.google.com.
- At the top, tap People & sharing.
- Under "Contacts," tap Blocked.
- You'll see a list of accounts you've blocked across Google products.
- To unblock someone, next to that person's name, select Remove .
Tip: The "Blocked users" list doesn't include:
- Accounts blocked through YouTube channels or live chat
- Blocks of email addresses or phone numbers
In some Google products, you can block an email address or phone number. For example, you can:
Non-account blocks like these don't show up on the Blocked users section of your Google Account. They also don't take effect across Google products.