When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
In the Chrome app
- On your Android device, open Chrome .
- Tap More Clear browsing data.
- To delete browsing history (including open tabs), select a duration and then tap Clear data. The default duration is 15 minutes.
- To choose more specific types of data you want to delete, tap More options. Select the types of browsing data you want to delete and then tap Clear data.
In other browser apps
If you use Firefox or another browser, check its support site for instructions.
What happens after you clear this info
After you clear cache and cookies:
- Some settings on sites get deleted. For example, if you were signed in, you’ll need to sign in again.
- Some sites can seem slower because content, like images, needs to load again.
- If you're signed into Chrome, you'll stay signed in on Google's websites, like google.com and youtube.com.
How cache & cookies work
- Cookies are files created by sites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing data.
- The cache remembers parts of pages, like images, to help them open faster during your next visit.