TalkBack is the Google screen reader included on Android devices. TalkBack gives you eyes-free control of your device.
The setup of your device depends on the device manufacturer, Android version and TalkBack version. These help pages apply to most devices, but you might experience some differences.
Important: Multi-finger gestures are available:
- On TalkBack 9.1, on updated Pixel 3 and up
- On some other OEM devices
- Starting in March 2021
To learn about TalkBack on your Android device, try these Help pages:
- Turn on TalkBack
- Navigate your device with TalkBack
- Set up Android and TalkBack
- Use TalkBack gestures
- Use TalkBack to browse the web with Chrome
- Use TalkBack menus
Use the TalkBack tutorial
You can learn more about TalkBack on your device, with the TalkBack tutorial. On your device, when you turn on TalkBack for the first time, the Tutorial opens automatically.
To revisit the tutorial:
- Open the TalkBack menu.
- On devices with multi-finger gestures (updated Android R on Pixel 3 or higher and other OEM devices, like Samsung Galaxy): Three-finger tap or single-finger swipe down then right.
- On devices with single-finger gestures (Prior to updated Android R with TalkBack 9.1): Swipe down then right.
- Select TalkBack settings Tutorial and Help.
- Select Tutorial.
For more help with TalkBack, contact the Google Disability support team.