TalkBack is the Google screen reader included on Android devices. TalkBack gives you eyes-free control of your device.
Important: The setup of your device depends on the device manufacturer, Android version, and TalkBack version. These help pages apply to most devices, but you might experience some differences.
To learn about TalkBack on your Android device, try these Help pages:
- Turn on TalkBack
- Navigate your device with TalkBack
- Set up Android and TalkBack
- Use TalkBack gestures
- Use TalkBack to browse the web with Chrome
- Use TalkBack menus
Use the TalkBack tutorial
You can learn more about TalkBack on your device, with the TalkBack tutorial. On your device, when you turn on TalkBack for the first time, the Tutorial opens automatically.
To revisit the tutorial:
- Open the TalkBack menu.
- To open the TalkBack menu, in one stroke, swipe down then right. Or, on updated Pixel 3 and up, with TalkBack 9.1, three-finger tap
- Select TalkBack settings Tutorial and Help.
- Select Tutorial.