Give presentations during a video meeting
Share and present a document, presentation, or spreadsheet during a meeting, even if you’re not in the same place as the rest of your guests.
Want to just share what’s on your browser tab or desktop? Try casting it from Chrome Browser. Casting lets you share in a separate browser window, so you can continue engaging with your team and multitasking in the Meet screen.
Share and present during a video meeting
- In Google Drive, open the Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Google Slides file you want to share or present.
- (Optional) To edit a document, spreadsheet, or presentation simultaneously with your guests:
- In the upper-right corner, click Share.
- Add a title to your document and click Save.
- Add your meeting guests and give everyone Can edit access.
- Click Send.
- Open Hangouts Meet and join the meeting.
- Click Present now and choose what to share:
- Your entire screen
- A window
- Click Share.
- (Optional) To stop sharing your screen at any time, at the bottom of your screen, click Stop sharing.
Cast a Chrome Browser tab to Meet
- In Chrome Browser, join an ongoing Hangouts Meet video meeting, or start a new one.
- From the toolbar, choose an option:
- Click Google Cast and choose one of the available video meetings.
- Click MoreCast and choose one of the available video meetings.
- (Optional) To switch what you’re sharing, next to Cast to, click the Down arrowand select Cast desktop or Cast tab.
- (Optional) If you need to improve the quality of your video meeting, check the Smooth Motion [beta] box.
- Click Stop to stop casting.