Set up Google Sync with your Windows Phone
Before setting up Google Sync on your Windows Phone or Windows Mobile device, back up your Contacts and Calendars from your phone on your computer before proceeding.1. Open the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync application on your device's home screen.
2. Press Set up your device to sync with it.
3. Enter m.google.com as the server address.
4. Ensure that the SSL option is selected.
Sign in to your Google account5. Press Next.
6. Enter your full Google Account email address in the User name field.
7. Enter your Google Account password in the Password field. If you're a 2-step verification user, please use an application-specific password instead.
8. Leave the Domain field empty. If your device requires you to enter a domain name, enter google.
9. Press Next.
10. Check Contacts, Calendar, or Email, depending on which you'd like to sync. (Tasks is not supported and will lead to an error if checked.)
11. Press Finish.
12. Press the Sync softkey on the left to synchronize.
You've now set up Google Sync for your Windows Mobile device.
Tip: If your business, school, or organization uses Google Apps, your administrator will first need to enable Exchange ActiveSync before you can take advantage of this feature.
Set up the "Send Mail As" featureEnable the "Send Mail As" feature
Gmail and Google Apps users can send mail from a custom "From" address using the web browser on their device or computer.
- Sign in to Gmail using your web browser.
- Click the gear in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Select the Accounts tab.
- Under Send mail as, click Add another email address you own.
- In the 'Email address' field, enter your name and alternate email address.
- Use Gmail's servers to send your mail.
- Click Next Step >> and then click Send Verification. Gmail will send a verification message to your other email address to confirm that you own it.
- Open your other account and either click the link in the message Gmail sent or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your Gmail settings.
For additional info and alternate directions for Google Apps customers, see Sending mail from a different address.
Additionally, Gmail and Google Apps users can send mail from their Windows Phone using a custom "From" address. To enable this feature, do the following:
- On your device, go to m.google.com/sync/settings.
- Select your device and check Enable "Send Mail As" for this device
Delete EmailEnable "Delete Email As Trash" for this device
With Google Sync for Windows Phone (7.5+), the default setting when you Delete email in your Mail app is that Gmail will archive the message and not delete it. When you Enable "Delete Email As Trash" for this device, pressing Delete in your Mail app will delete that email from your device and send it to your Gmail Trash. To enable this setting, go to m.google.com/sync/settings in your mobile browser.
If you accidentally delete a message that you didn't mean to delete, you can find it by signing in to your Gmail or Google Apps account in a web browser and going to the Trash. By default, the Trash is emptied from Gmail every 30 days.