Your administrator might synchronize your Google and Windows passwords on your managed Microsoft Windows 10 computer. To change or reset the password for your device, you update your Google Account password. If the following instructions don't work, ask your administrator to change or reset your password.
Note: You can't change your password to a PIN or to fingerprint recognition.
Change your password
Because your Windows password is synchronized with your Google Account, you change your Google password, not your Windows password.
Note: You can't reset your password from the Ctrl+Alt+Delete screen on your device because GCPW blocks that feature.
- Sign in to your Windows 10 device.
- Open your Google Account Settings.
You might need to sign in.
- Under the Security tab, select Signing in to Google.
- Choose Password.
You might need to sign in again.
- Enter your new password, and then select Change Password.
- Lock your Windows 10 device.
In the bottom left corner, click Startyour user iconLock.
- In the bottom left, click your account name.
- When prompted, enter your new password.
Reset a forgotten password
Because your Windows password is synchronized with your Google Account, you need to reset your Google password.
- Choose an option:
- On your Windows device, at the bottom left of your sign-in screen, click Add Work Account.
- If you have a Windows profile in Active Directory, click your existing account or, if you don’t see your account, click Other Account.
- Enter your email address and click Next.
- Click Forgot Password.
- Follow the instructions to reset your password.
After you complete the steps to reset your password, you're automatically signed in to Windows.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.