Set up Google Sync
Before you set up Google Sync on your Windows® mobile device, back up your contacts and calendars from your mobile device to your computer.
If your business, school, or organization uses G Suite, your administrator needs to enable Exchange ActiveSync before you can set up Google Sync.
These instructions are for devices running Windows® Phone 7 and 8.
- Swipe left on the Start screen to open the Apps list.
- Touch Settings > Email + accounts > Add an account > Advanced setup.
- Enter your Google Account email address and application-specific password.
- Touch Next.
- Touch Exchange ActiveSync to select the type of account you want to set up.
- Enter your Google Account email address as your username.
- Leave the Domain text box empty. If your device requires you to enter a domain name, enter google.
- Enter m.google.com as the server name.
- Choose your download settings.
- Check the Contacts, Calendar, and Email boxes, depending on what you want to sync.
Note: Tasks is not supported.
- Touch Sign in.
It might be a few minutes before you can access your mail. If you haven’t already set up a lockscreen PIN on your device, you’ll be prompted to set up one now.
Set up the Send Mail As feature
Now that you have Google Sync set up, you can enable the Send Mail As feature to send mail from a different address that you own—not just your primary G Suite address. You can also send mail from your Windows mobile device using a custom From address.Enable the Send Mail As feature
Delete EmailEnable Delete Email As Trash for this device
By default, with Google Sync for Windows Phone 7.5 and higher, Gmail archives a message, but doesn't delete it when you delete mail in your Mail app. When you enable Delete Email As Trash for a device, messages go to Gmail Trash when you touch Delete in your Mail app. To enable this setting, go to http://m.google.com/sync/settings in your mobile browser.
If you accidentally delete a message, you can find it by signing in to your Gmail or G Suite account in a web browser and going to Trash. By default, Trash is emptied from Gmail every 30 days.