This article is for G Suite administrators. To manage your own groups, visit the Google Groups help.
This feature requires turning on Google Groups for Business.
Turn on Collaborative Inbox or Q&A features
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- If you're using new Groups, temporarily go back to classic Groups:
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Click Return to classic Google Groups.
- Click My groups.
- Click the name of a group.
- Near the top right, click Manage group. A menu appears on the left.
- On the left, click Information Advanced.
- In the Reset group section next to "Select a group type," click the Down arrow .
- Select a group type, then click Reset this group.
About Collaborative Inboxes
Google Groups Collaborative Inboxes are groups that can be used as mailing lists and as online forums. In a Collaborative Inbox, members can also assign topics to each other for tracking.
Assigning topics is especially useful for technical support or customer service teams. For example, you could create a group with the address firstname.lastname@example.org. You could then add your support staff as group members, and allow people outside your organization to send messages to the group. Your support staff would then receive customer messages and take any of the following actions:
- Assign responsibility for topics to group members
- Mark topics as resolved
- Edit tags associated with topics
- Filter topics according to tag, resolution status, or assignee