This article is for administrators. To manage your own groups, visit the Google Groups help.This feature requires turning on Google Groups for Business.
After you create a group, you can set it as a Collaborative Inbox.
Turn on Collaborative Inbox features
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- Click the name of a group.
- On the left, click Group settings.
- Under Enable additional Google Groups features, select Collaborative Inbox.
About Collaborative Inboxes
You can use Collaborative Inboxes in Google Groups. Members of the Collaborative Inbox who have the correct permissions can assign conversations to each other for tracking.
For example, you could create a group for your technical support or customer service team with the address email@example.com. Then, add your support staff as group members and allow people outside of your organization to send messages to the group.
When your support staff gets a message, they can:
- Assign responsibility for conversations to group members
- Set a resolved status for conversations: complete, duplicate, or no action needed
- Search for conversations according to resolution status or assignee