This article is for administrators. To manage your own groups, visit the Google Groups help.
As a Groups administrator, you can delete any group in your organization. When you delete a group, the group cannot be restored. Members don't have access to files or anything else shared in the group. Also, messages sent to the group's address are not delivered. However, group members' user accounts are not deleted.
People in your organization who are group owners can also delete groups using Groups.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Groups.
- To delete a single group:
- Point to the group you want to delete and click MoreDelete group.
- Click Delete group.
- To delete multiple groups:
- Check the boxes next to the groups you want to delete.
- At the top, click Delete groupsDelete groups.