If you have Drive Enterprise edition, upgrade to G Suite Enterprise to get this service.
Video calling is turned on for all G Suite organizations by default, allowing you to use Hangouts Meet and classic Hangouts. If you turn off video calling, you will not be able to join or create classic Hangouts video calls. You can still join Meet video meetings created by others, but you cannot create new Meet video meetings.
Turn video calling on or off
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteGoogle Hangouts.
- Click Meet settings.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit or a configuration group.
- Under Video calling, check or uncheck the Let users place video and voice calls box.
- Click Save.
If you configured an organizational unit or group, you might be able to Inherit/Override an organization or Unset a group.
- If you want to manage video meeting features, such as joining a meeting by phone and recording and streaming meetings, go to Manage Meet video meeting features.
- Manage Meet video meeting settings
- Troubleshoot issues with Hangouts Meet
- Turn off classic Hangouts video calling and only use Meet
- Turn off all video calls and meetings for your organization
G Suite organizations subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) should turn on Meet and use it instead of classic Hangouts, which is not compatible with HIPAA. For more information, go to HIPAA Compliance with G Suite and Cloud Identity.