You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
If the pre-built administrator roles don't grant the privileges you want to assign to a user, create a custom role that does. Each custom role can include one or more administrator privileges that let users with that role perform specific management tasks in your Google Admin console.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Admin roles.
- Choose how to add the role:
- To start with a blank role, click Create a new role.
- To customize an existing role, select the role and click Copy role.
- Enter a name and description for the role, then click Continue.
If you copied a role, click Admin roles in the upper left. Then click the name of your custom role in the list of roles.
On the Privileges list, check boxes to select each privilege you want users with this role to have.
The privileges you select determine which Home page controls are in the user's Admin console and what settings the user can manage.
- Click Save.
- Follow the steps to assign the custom role to users.
Delete a custom role
Requirements: You can't be assigned to the custom role. Contact another super admin to remove you from the role (you can't remove yourself), and then follow the steps to delete the role.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Admin roles.
- At the left, click the role you want to delete.
- Click Admins assigned.
- Check the Admin box to select all admins who are assigned the role.
- Click Unassign to remove all admins from the role.
- On the left, click Delete Role.