If the pre-built administrator roles don't grant the privileges that you want to assign to a user, create a custom role that does. Each custom role can include one or more administrator privileges for specific management tasks in your Google Admin console.
Before you begin: Check if the role already exists. Go to pre-built administrator roles.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Admin roles.
- Choose how to add the role:
- To start with a blank role, click Create a new role.
- To customize an existing role, select the role and click Copy role.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the role and click Continue.
If you copied a role, at the top left, click Admin roles and the name of your custom role from the list.
From the Privileges list, check boxes to select each privilege that you want users with this role to have.
The privileges you select determine which Home page controls are in the user's Admin console and what settings the user can manage.
- Click Continue.
- Review the privileges and click Create Role.
- Follow the steps to assign the custom role.
Delete a custom role
Requirements: To delete a custom role, you can't be assigned to the role or remove yourself. Contact another super administrator to remove you from the role. Then, follow the steps below to delete the role.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Admin roles.
- On the left, click the role that you want to delete.
- Click Admins assigned.
- Check the Admin box to select all admins who are assigned the role.
- Click Unassign roleUnassign role.
- Click Delete role Delete role.