If you have Drive Enterprise edition, upgrade to G Suite Enterprise to get this service.
Turn on video calling
Video calling is turned on for all G Suite organizations by default, allowing you to use Hangouts Meet. If video calling is turned off, you can turn it back on.
Note: Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, go to How changes propagate to Google services.
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteHangouts Meet and Google Hangouts.
- Verify that the Hangouts service is enabled.
- Turn on Meet video calling:
- Go back to the Hangouts Meet and Google Hangouts settings page and click Meet settings.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit or a configuration group.
- Click Video calling.
- Check the Let users place video and voice calls box.
- Click Save. If you configured an organizational unit or group, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit, or Unset a group.
Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, go to How changes propagate to Google services.
- If you want to manage video meeting features, such as joining a meeting by phone and recording and streaming meetings, go to Manage Meet video meeting features.
- Manage Meet video meeting settings
- Troubleshoot issues with Hangouts Meet
- Turn off all video calling for your organization
G Suite organizations subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) should review HIPAA Compliance with G Suite and Cloud Identity.