This article is for homeschools in the U.S. If you aren’t a homeschool, go to Qualifications for Google Workspace for Education.
Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals provides free business features to K–12 and higher education institutions and homeschool co-ops.
If your school has sophisticated IT needs, consider Google Workspace for Education Plus. It has additional enterprise-grade capabilities, such as:
- Advanced controls for administrators
- Enhanced analytics and search capabilities
- Enterprise-grade communication tools
- Go to the Google Workspace for Education signup form.
- Complete the form.
Note: You’ll use this information to sign in to your Google Workspace for Education account.
- Review the Google Workspace for Education agreement, check the box to agree to the terms, and click Accept and sign up.
You get an email that includes information about your new account.
If you see an error message when using your domain to sign up for Google Workspace for Education, see Can't sign up my domain for a Google service.
- In a web browser, go to the Homeschool application form.
- Under Contact email, enter your email address.
- Under Domain name, enter the domain name you used in Step 2 to request approval.
- Under Case Number, enter the case number given to you in the subject line of the email you received in Step 2 to request approval.
- Under G Suite Code, enter the Google Workspace for Education code you received in the email from your state homeschool organization.
- Click Submit.
If you purchased your domain when you signed up for Google Workspace for Education or you already verified your domain with Google, you can skip this step.
If you're signing up for Google Workspace for Education using a domain that you already own, you need to verify your domain before we can review your application. This verification process ensures that no one else is using your domain for Google services without your permission or sending email that appears to come from your school.
- Verify that you own your domain. For details, go to Verify your domain for Google Workspace.
After you submit your request and verify your domain, we review your organization’s eligibility. We contact you by email about the status of your application in 1–2 weeks.