Qualifications for G Suite for Education
G Suite for Education is a suite of free Google tools and services that are tailored for schools and homeschools. It is available globally to all educational institutions that qualify. Google reserves the right to determine an organization's eligibility for G Suite for Education. It takes about 2 weeks to process an application.
To qualify for G Suite for Education
K–12 schools, higher-education institutions, and homeschool co-ops are eligible for G Suite for Education if they meet certain criteria. The institution applying for G Suite for Education must submit the application.
K–12 and higher institutions must:
- Have verified not-for-profit status.
- Be a government-recognized, formally-accredited educational institution delivering nationally or internationally-approved certifications at primary, secondary, or third level.
Homeschools must be verified by a state homeschool organization.
Institutions not eligible for G Suite for Education
- Organizations that get academic or operational funding from national or local government, such as military academies and public libraries, do not qualify for G Suite for Education. G Suite Business might be a good option instead. For more information, see Choose your G Suite edition.
- Other registered nonprofit organizations that do not qualify might be eligible for G Suite for Nonprofits. For details, see the G Suite for Nonprofits homepage.
How the qualifications work for K–12 or higher
Here are some examples of fictional schools and organizations to explain how the qualifications work.
|Park Elementary School||Park University fraternities, sororities, and student organizations|
|Park Middle School||Park sports teams, clubs, or instructional classes|
|Park High School||Third-party IT provider for Park Schools|
|Park School District||Park City Doctors Association|
|Park Technical College||Park teacher or student website or blog|
|Park Community College||Park Driving School|
|Park University||Park Church|
|Park University Department of Computer Science||Park Public Library|
Ready to sign up?
- K–12 or higher organizations—If you meet the above requirements, go to the sign-up process.
- Homeschools—See Get started with G Suite for Education for homeschools.
When you complete and submit your application for G Suite for Education, you’re automatically eligible for a 14-day trial while we process your application.