G Suite Enterprise for Education overview
G Suite Enterprise for Education gives educational institutions a robust set of tools that they can use to manage their entire organization, including administrative departments that have needs similar to businesses. From the features in this edition, institutions can expect advanced controls, enhanced analytics and search, and enterprise-grade communication tools.
- Security Center is a tool that can help IT admins with more complex security needs bring together security analytics and actionable insights for their organizations. Learn more
- Cloud Search provides a unified search experience across G Suite, helping users spend less time searching for information and more time deriving insights. Learn more
- Hangouts Meet advanced features include meeting recordings saved to Google Drive, phone dial-in access and larger meetings with up to 50 participants. Free licenses are not eligible for meeting recordings. Learn more
- Advanced Mobile Device Management helps large organizations enable proactive management of mobile BYOD devices, including mobile auditing, rules, and app management. Learn more
- Gmail logs in BigQuery contain information that can help education administrators diagnose issues or unlock insights. Learn more
- Use a third-party archiving product to store and discover mission-critical email. Learn more
- Enhanced Support provides faster support response times from a dedicated team of product specialists. Enhanced support is available to institutions who purchase over 200 licenses.
Learn more: Compare Education editions
For institutions purchasing individual licenses:
- $4/user/month for faculty and staff
- $4/user/month for students
For institutions purchasing licenses for all faculty and staff, we’ll offer a limited time promotion:
- $2/user/month for faculty and staff
- Free for eligible students
Pricing FAQHow are employees defined?
Employee is defined as any individual that is full-time or part-time faculty and staff. Student workers and graduate assistants are excluded from this definition.
For a limited time, educational institutions qualify for free student licenses if they purchase licenses for 100% of employees. The maximum student-employee ratio allowed for free student licenses is 10:1, which means you can get up to 10 free student licenses for every 1 faculty or staff license. If your institution’s student-employee ratio is larger, you’ll need to purchase additional employee licenses to stay within the 10:1 ratio.
The maximum student-employee ratio allowed for free student licenses is 10:1, which means you can get up to 10 free student licenses for every 1 faculty or staff license. If you’d like to cover both student and alumni accounts, you may need to purchase additional employee licenses to stay within the 10:1 ratio.
Yes, institutions can purchase any number of individual licenses. Institutions purchasing individual licenses will not be eligible for free student licenses.
The discounted price will be valid for the duration of the contract term.
Yes, you can get a 30-day free trial of G Suite Enterprise for Education with up to 10 users.
The new edition will initially be available for US customers only. More countries will be added in the future. Submit this form if you’re interested in getting more information about G Suite Enterprise for Education.
No, customers are not able to unbundle the edition.
The terms of service are the same terms of service for G Suite for Education.