As a Directory admin, you can set which users are visible to other users in your organization. When a user is visible to another user, their contact information is available in search and their email address autocompletes in services like Gmail and Drive.
Before you begin: To apply the setting for certain users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
In the Admin console, go to Menu DirectoryDirectory settings.
- Click Visibility settings.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit.
- In the Directory visibility section, select from the following options:
- No users—Users can't find other users or groups. Autocomplete and search use only addresses in the user's Contacts.
- All users—Users can find all other users in the organization, except for users who are hidden from Directory. They can find all groups that are visible to the organization.
- Users in a custom directory—Users can find only users in a custom directory. They can find all groups that are visible to the organization. Learn how to set up a custom directory.
- Click Save. If you configured a child organizational unit, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit's settings.
Changes can take up to 24 hours but typically happen more quickly. Learn more