Use Drive File Stream with Google mobile management
As an administrator, there are several things you should know about using Drive File Stream with your organization’s managed devices:
- You can find information about the Drive File Stream installation in the Admin console. This can be useful when verifying the version number, last sync date, or the amount of offline data on a device. You can also manage device access from here.
- Drive File Stream does not prevent data theft. Users can copy data from Drive File Stream to non-secured areas like another hard drive partition.
Restrict Drive File Stream to authorized devices
To restrict Drive File Stream to devices registered as a company-owned:
- From the Admin console Home page, click Apps > G Suite > Settings for Drive and Docs > Features and Applications.
To see Apps, you might have to click More controls at the bottom. Requires having the Drive and Docs administrator privilege.
- (Optional) At the left, select the organizational unit that you want to make settings for. To apply the settings to everyone, select the top-level organizational unit.
Learn more about the organizational structure.
- Select Only allow Drive File Stream on authorized devices.