As an administrator, you can turn Google Tasks on or off for people in your organization. People who have Tasks turned on can create and manage tasks:
- In Calendar
- In Gmail or Docs editors using the Tasks sidebar
- In Gmail using the Tasks tab in chat rooms (for teams)
People who have Tasks turned off don't see Tasks in Calendar, Gmail, or Docs editors. Also, they don't see the Tasks tab in rooms in the integrated Gmail experience. However, they still see task updates in the chat stream if someone else updates a task in a room. Learn more about integrated Gmail.
To control who uses Tasks in your organization
Before you begin: To turn a service on or off for certain users, put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or add them to an access group (to allow access for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsGoogle WorkspaceTasks.
- Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
(Optional) To turn a service on or off for an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- To change the Service status, select On or Off.
- Choose one:
- If the Service status is set to Inherited and you want to keep the updated setting, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the Service status is set to Overridden, either click Inherit to revert to the same setting as its parent, or click Save to keep the new setting, even if the parent setting changes.
Note: Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.