Turn Tasks on or off for users
As a G Suite administrator, you can control who in your organization uses Google Tasks from their account. Just turn Tasks on or off for those people in the Google Admin console. People who have Tasks turned on can use it to begin setting up tasks from any device as part of Gmail, Calendar, and using mobile apps on Android or iOS devices.
To control who uses Tasks in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for a set of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
- Go to Apps G Suite Tasks.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
To apply settings to all organizations, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To apply settings to individual organizational units, do the following:
- At the left, select the organizational unit that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- To change the setting, select On or Off.
- To keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about the organizational structure.
If you manage a large number of users or sync your LDAP directoryYou can use access groups to turn on a service for specific users within an organizational unit. You turn off the service for the organization, and then add the users to an access group that has the service turned on. This lets you give users access to services without making changes to your organizational structure. Learn about access groups.
- Control who can access G Suite and Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services