Applies to editions of Google Workspace and other paid subscriptions in your Google Admin console.
If a Google reseller bills you directly for a subscription, you can transfer subscription management—either directly to Google or to a different reseller.
To find an authorized reseller in your area, use the Google Partner Search Directory.
If you’ve prepaid any subscription charges to your current reseller: Before you transfer your subscription to a different reseller, read about how refunds work (below).
How transfers work
- You can transfer all, or just some, of your subscriptions (Google Workspace, Cloud Identity, and add-subscriptions such as Google Workspace Additional Storage).
- Your subscription enters a trial period and details are emailed to your super administrator.
- Transferring subscriptions doesn't affect your Google Workspace data or availability. During the transfer, you can continue to use your Google services as usual.
- The transfer is non-reversible.
Transfer a subscription to Google
To transfer the management of a subscription from a reseller to Google, contact your reseller.
To transfer the management of your subscription to another reseller, you need a transfer token. The transfer token is 16-character code that associates your subscription with your new reseller.
Tip: If your current reseller provides full support and has access to your subscription, they can generate the transfer token for you.
- Ask the new reseller for their "public identifier" (a 9-character code).
- Go to Retrieve Transfer Token.
- Under Enter reseller's public identifier, enter the public identifier for the reseller.
- Click Confirm Reseller Identifier.
- At the top, verify the domain name and business name match the reseller you want to transfer to.
- Review and select the subscriptions you can transfer:
- Transfer to Reseller—Lists the subscriptions that will transfer to the reseller.
- Choose how to transfer—Lists the subscriptions you might be able to transfer if you get permission from the reseller. After contacting the reseller, select the subscriptions you can transfer to them.
- Click Continue.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click Generate Transfer Token.
- Click Copy Code. Make a note of the transfer token code.
- Share the transfer token code with your new reseller. The transfer takes effect as soon as the reseller receives the transfer token and completes the transfer of your subscriptions.
Transfer tokens expire 14 days after being generated. If your token expires or you lose your token, sign in again and repeat the steps above.
If you’ve prepaid any account charges to your current reseller and want to transfer your account to a different reseller, your refund option depends on your billing plan with your current reseller:
- If you’re on the Annual Plan with Yearly payment, you’ve already paid for the year in full. No refund is possible.
- If you’re on a different plan but have prepaid your reseller, a refund of overpaid charges is possible at the reseller’s discretion.