Applies to editions of Google Workspace and other paid subscriptions in your Google Admin console.
If a Google reseller bills you directly for a subscription, you can transfer subscription management—either directly to Google or to a different reseller.
To find an authorized reseller in your area, use the Google Partner Search Directory.
If you’ve prepaid any subscription charges to your current reseller: Before you transfer your subscription to a different reseller, read about how refunds work (below).
If you have an email-verified Google Workspace Business edition: Currently, you can't transfer a subscription for an email-verified Business edition to a reseller. This feature will be available in an upcoming release. If you want to transfer your subscription now, you'll need to first verify ownership of your domain.
How transfers work
- You can transfer all, or just some, of your subscriptions (Google Workspace, Cloud Identity, and add-subscriptions such as Google Workspace Additional Storage).
- Your subscription enters a trial period and details are emailed to your super administrator.
- Transferring subscriptions doesn't affect your Google Workspace data or availability. During the transfer, you can continue to use your Google services as usual.
- The transfer is non-reversible.
Transfer a subscription to Google
To transfer the management of a subscription from a reseller to Google, contact your reseller.
- G Suite Basic and G Suite Business subscriptions will be upgraded to Google Workspace subscriptions at the time of transfer. Contact the reseller for options and pricing.
- If you have multiple G Suite editions, you'll need to contact your Google Sales representative or Google Cloud partner support to perform the transfer for you.
A transfer token authorizes a reseller to take over management of your account.
Before you begin: Ask the reseller for their 9-character public identifier.
- Go to Retrieve Transfer Token.
Enter the identifier you got from your reseller, and then click Confirm Reseller Identifier.
- Review the terms and conditions, and then click Generate Transfer Token.
- Let your reseller know that you've generated the token, and they will begin the transfer.
Note: you do not need to copy the token or send it to your reseller.
Troubleshoot transfer issues
If the reseller can’t complete the transfer, sign in again and repeat the steps above. Transfer issues can happen if:
- Your token expires. Tokens expire 30 days after being generated.
- You make any changes to your subscriptions (such as canceling a subscription) after generating the token but before the reseller completes the transfer.
If you’ve prepaid any account charges to your current reseller and want to transfer your account to a different reseller, your refund option depends on your billing plan with your current reseller:
- If you’re on the Annual Plan with Yearly payment, you’ve already paid for the year in full. No refund is possible.
- If you’re on a different plan but have prepaid your reseller, a refund of overpaid charges is possible at the reseller’s discretion.