Applies to editions of Google Workspace and other paid subscriptions in your Google Admin console.
If a Google reseller bills you directly for your account, you can transfer account management—either directly to Google or to a different reseller.
To find an authorized reseller in your area, use the Google Partner Search Directory.
If you’ve prepaid any account charges to your current reseller: Before you transfer your account to a different reseller, read about how refunds work (below).
How transfers work
- All subscriptions in your account (Google Workspace, Cloud Identity, and add-subscriptions such as Google Drive Storage) are transferred.
- Your account enters a trial period and details are emailed to your super administrator.
- Transferring your account doesn't affect your Google Workspace data or availability. During the transfer, you can continue use your Google services as usual.
- The transfer is non-reversible.
Transfer your account to Google
To transfer the management of your account from a reseller to Google, contact your reseller.
If you’ve prepaid any account charges to the reseller, the reseller gives you a grace period equal to the payment. Google won't start charging you until your reseller's grace period is over.
Transfer your account to a different reseller
To transfer the management of your account to another reseller, you need a transfer token. The transfer token is 16-character code that associates your account with your new reseller.
Tip: If your current reseller provides full support and has access to your account, they can generate the transfer token for you.
- Ask the new reseller for their "public identifier" (a 9-character code).
- Go to Retrieve Transfer Token.
- Sign in your Google Workspace username and password.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Under Enter Reseller's Public Identifier, enter the public identifier for the reseller.
- Click Confirm Reseller Identifier.
- Check that the domain name and business name match the new reseller you want to transfer to.
- Click Generate Transfer Token.
- Click Copy Code. Make a note of the transfer token code.
- Share the transfer token code with your new reseller. The transfer takes effect as soon as the reseller receives the transfer token and completes the transfer of your account.
Transfer tokens expire 14 days after being generated. If your token expires or you lose your token, sign in again and repeat the steps above.
If you’ve prepaid any account charges to your current reseller and want to transfer your account to a different reseller, your refund option depends on your billing plan with your current reseller:
- If you’re on the Annual Plan with Yearly payment, you’ve already paid for the year in full. No refund is possible.
- If you’re on a different plan but have prepaid your reseller, a refund of overpaid charges is possible at the reseller’s discretion.