The following limitations and known issues apply to the current release:
- You can't store some file types in shared drives, including (but not limited to):
- Google Maps
- Google Photos
- Some virtual file types, such as App Maker apps
- Files owned by other domains
- You can only add external users as a member of a shared drive if they have a Google Account associated with their email address. To resolve this, users can create a Google Account with their existing email.
- Hidden shared drives still appear in Drive File Stream on users’ desktop computers.
- When using Drive File Stream, you cannot move a folder from My Drive to a shared drive.