Known issues with shared drives
The following limitations and known issues apply to the current release:
- You can't store some file types in shared drives, including (but not limited to):
- Google Maps
- Google Photos
- Some virtual file types, such as App Maker apps
- Files owned by other domains
- You can only add external users as a shared drives member if they have a Google Account associated with their email address. To resolve this, users can create a Google Account with their existing email.
- Hidden shared drives still appear in Drive File Stream on users’ desktop computers.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?