Add a user's profile photo
As your organization's administrator, you can add photos of users to easily recognize the people in your organization. You can do this when you create the new user account or later. You can also change or remove a user's photo at any time.
Where a user's photo appears
A user's photo shows up whenever you view the user in the Admin console, when the user communicates or shares content, and when another user hovers over their name in their inbox, Contacts, or Hangouts Chat list.
A user's photo can be a JPG, JPEG, or PNG file of up to 5 MB. Photos are scaled automatically, so they can be any dimensions.
To add, change, or remove a user's photo
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Users.
- In the Users list, find the user. If you need help, see Find a user account.
- Click the user’s name to open their account page.
- (Optional) To add a photo, click Profile photo.
- (Optional) To change a photo, choose Change photo.
- (Optional) To remove a photo, choose Remove photo.
- To continue adding or changing a photo, find the image file you want on your computer and select it. Changes save automatically.
Note: When you change a user's photo, the photo's visibility setting might change to Visible only to people I can chat with. Learn more about a photo's visibility setting.
More details about a user’s profile photo
The photo on a user’s Google Account page, at myaccount.google.com, shows up in Google products that use this information from the user's Google Account. If users upload different profile photos in certain Google products, they might continue to see them there.