This page is for admins who manage Gmail accounts for a company, school, or other group. To create a signature for your personal gmail.com account, follow these steps instead.
People who use Gmail for work, school, or other groups can create a personalized signature that’s automatically added to their Gmail messages. Your users can add contact information, a company logo, links, and more.
As an administrator, you can create the same signature for everyone to use. You can also let users add images from Google Drive to their signature. Gmail signatures can have up to 10,000 characters.
As an administrator, you can...
- Give everyone a default signature—Use the Gmail API to apply the same signature to everyone's settings. The signature appears when users open their compose window. Users can replace or update it if they want. For details, go to Managing signatures.
- Add a footer to the end of outgoing messages—You can automatically add a text footer to the end of all outgoing mail. Add text for legal compliance, company promotions, or a standard signature. Users don't see the message when they're writing an email. And, they can't change or remove it. For details, go to Add a standard footer to users' outbound messages.
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsGoogle WorkspaceDrive and Docs.
- Click Sharing settings and for Sharing outside of your organization, select On.
- Check the When sharing outside of your organization is allowed, users in your organization can make files and published web content visible to anyone with the link box.
- Click Save.
What your users can do
Users can add different text styles, photos, images, logos, and links to make their signature stand out. Here are some helpful tips:
- If users add a photo or image from Drive, they need to share the image publicly for it to appear in their signature. For details, go to Share files from Google Drive.
- Users can search for an image, such as your company logo, then get the image URL. For details, go to:
- Users can add their own image to Google and use that URL. For details, go to Add an image to Google search results.
Available only in Gmail on the web
Some users might want one signature for clients and another for friends. They can save and send different signatures using templates. For details, go to Create email templates.