Google Workspace users can create a personalized signature that’s automatically added to their Gmail messages. They can add contact information, a company logo, links, and more. As an administrator, you can create the same signature for everyone to use. You can also let users add images from Google Drive to their signature.
Gmail signatures can have up to 10,000 characters.
As an administrator, you can...
- Give everyone a default signature——Use the Gmail API to apply the same signature to everyone's settings. The signature appears when users open their compose window. Users can replace or update it if they want. If you have the legacy free edition of G Suite, upgrade to Google Workspace to get this feature.
Add a footer to the end of outgoing messages——You can automatically add a text footer to the end of all outgoing mail. Add text for legal compliance, company promotions, or a standard signature. Users don't see the message when they're writing an email. And, they can't change or remove it. For details, see Append footer setting.
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsGoogle WorkspaceDrive and Docs.
- Go to Sharing settings.
- Under Sharing outside of your organization, select ON.
- Check the Allow users in your organization to publish files on the web or make them visible to the world as public or unlisted files box.
After turning on sharing settings, when users click Insert image when they create signatures, they'll see the option to load images from Drive.
Note: This option isn't displayed when you're signed in to multiple accounts. If you can't see this option, sign into an Incognito window or clear the cache and cookies.
To see what else sharing options do, see Set file sharing permissions.
What users can do
People can add different text styles, images, and links to make their signature stand out. For details, go to Create a Gmail signature.
- Remember to turn on sharing if you want users to be able to upload images from Drive.
- If signature images appear as broken links, check the browser cookie settings. To see signature images in Gmail, cookies must be turned on. Chrome blocks cookies in Incognito mode. Learn how to clear, enable, and manage cookies in Chrome.
Some people might want one signature for clients and another for friends. They can save and send common messages (each containing a different signature) using canned responses. Learn more about using canned responses in Gmail.