Turn Keep on or off for users
As a G Suite administrator, you can control who uses Google Keep in your organization. Users who have Keep turned on can use it to create, manage, and share notes within your organization.
By default, Keep is enabled for all new organizations, and for organizations that use Drive. You can also choose to have new services initially turned on or off.
- To enable Keep, you must also turn on Google Drive or an error occurs.
- Keep is not available for G Suite for Government users, who can download the app but will not be able to sync their data to the cloud.
- Learn more about G Suite editions.
Enable or disable Keep
From the Admin console dashboard, go to Apps G Suite Keep.
To see Apps, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
At the top of the gray box, click More and choose:
- On for everyone to turn on the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- Off to turn off the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- On for some organizations to change the setting only for some users.
If you chose On for some organizations:
- Select the organization that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- Click Override or Inherit, whichever appears.
Override makes the setting stay the same, even if the parent setting changes.
Inherit reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- If you clicked Override, click On or Off to change the setting.
- Click Apply twice to confirm.
Learn more about the organizational structure.
- (Optional) Adjust the Drive Settings options that are supported by Keep.