As an administrator, you can control who uses Google Keep in your organization. Users who have Keep turned on can use it to create, manage, and share notes within your organization.
By default, Keep is enabled for all new organizations, and for organizations that use Drive. You can also choose to have new services initially turned on or off.
- To enable Keep, you must also turn on Google Drive or an error occurs.
- Learn more about Google Workspace editions.
Enable or disable Keep
Before you begin: To turn a service on or off for certain users, put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or add them to an access group (to allow access for users across or within departments).
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsGoogle WorkspaceKeep.
- Click Service status.
To turn a service on or off for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
(Optional) To turn a service on or off for an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- To change the Service status, select On or Off.
- Choose one:
- If the Service status is set to Inherited and you want to keep the updated setting, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the Service status is set to Overridden, either click Inherit to revert to the same setting as its parent, or click Save to keep the new setting, even if the parent setting changes.
Note: Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to Use groups to customize service access.
- (Optional) Adjust the Drive Settings options that are supported by Keep.
Changes can take up to 24 hours but typically happen more quickly. Learn more