Turn Keep on or off for users
As a G Suite administrator, you can control who uses Google Keep in your organization. Users who have Keep turned on can use it to create, manage, and share notes within your organization.
By default, Keep is enabled for all new organizations, and for organizations that use Drive. You can also choose to have new services initially turned on or off.
- To enable Keep, you must also turn on Google Drive or an error occurs.
- Keep is not available for G Suite for Government users, who can download the app but will not be able to sync their data to the cloud.
- Learn more about G Suite editions.
Enable or disable Keep
From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps G Suite Keep.
To see Apps, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
At the top of the gray box, click More and choose:
- On for everyone to turn on the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- Off for everyone to turn off the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- On for some organizations to change the setting only for some users.
If you chose On for some organizations:
- In the left panel, select Settings for specific organizational units.
- Select the organization that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- Select On or Off to change the setting.
- Click Override to keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about the organizational structure.
- (Optional) Adjust the Drive Settings options that are supported by Keep.