Turn Keep on or off for users
As a G Suite administrator, you can control who uses Google Keep in your organization. Users who have Keep turned on can use it to create, manage, and share notes within your organization.
By default, Keep is enabled for all new organizations, and for organizations that use Drive. You can also choose to have new services initially turned on or off.
- To enable Keep, you must also turn on Google Drive or an error occurs.
- Keep is not available for G Suite for Government users, who can download the app but will not be able to sync their data to the cloud.
- Learn more about G Suite editions.
Enable or disable Keep
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for certain users: Put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or put them in an access group (to control access for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps G Suite Keep.
To see Apps, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To turn on or off a service only for users in an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- To keep the service turned on or off even when the service is turned on or off for the parent organizational unit, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
- (Optional) Adjust the Drive Settings options that are supported by Keep.
Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, see How changes propagate to Google services.