New Google Apps sign-in page
All Google Apps services now have a consistent sign in page regardless of the URL from where you sign in. For example, users sign in to gmail.com the same way they sign in to mail.google.com/a/domain.com.
This new sign-in page finished being rolled out to all customers on March 1, 2014.
The new sign-in page provides a streamlined and cohesive sign-in experience for all users, an account chooser that makes it easy to switch between Google accounts, and security enhancements, including advanced bot detection and improved account hijacking protection.Note the following:
- All links to your custom URL will still work. They'll simply redirect to the new page.
- The Google Apps sign-in page can no longer be personalized with colors and custom logos.
- In SSO-enabled domains with a network mask, users will see the new Google sign-in page when they log in from outside of the SSO network mask.
- For SSO-enabled domains without a network mask, accessing the service specific sign-in URLs will continue to redirect the user to the configured SSO login page.
- When you sign in to a Google Apps Sites page, a slightly different version of the new sign-in page appears if:
- Your domain uses SSO without a network mask
- You’re signing in within your SSO network mask